This page is for breaking news regarding theme parks and theme park companies.
Viacom Anncounces bold new plans for Winx Club will be coming to Paramount Parks
Universal Orlando announces bold new plans for new E-Ticket areas and attractions will be coming to the Universal Orlando Resort
in 2018 Universal Orlando Resort announced that new E-Ticket areas will open before 2023 to try to compete with the upcoming Walt Disney World attractions for 2019 to 2023.
1. The Great Valley - themed to the Land Before Time (Replacing Toon Lagoon) in 2019 or 2020 at Islands of Adventure.
2. Pokemon Land (Replacing Woody Woodpecker's Kid's Zone) coming in summer 2020 at Universal Studios Florida in time for it’s 30th anniversary.
3. A Seuss Landing Overall in 2021.
4. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Islands of Adventure in 2019.
5. Nickelodeon Slimeverse is coming to Universal Orlando Resort in 2020
6. Rumored Replacement for Terminator 2: 3D in 2019.
AT&T and WarnerMedia might acquire Six Flags Parks and Entertainment for $13.9 Billion
BREAKING: FiddleGriff Parks wants to acquire all Metazoa parks for $14.6 Billion
Universal Parks and Resorts is reportedly interested in selling all of it’s Metazoa zoos/theme parks to FiddleGriff. In a statement, Universal Parks and Resorts said “The Zoo Industry is slowly dying off, it’s starting to become a thing of the past. Our concept worked in the 90s and 2000s, but it seem like non stop animal rights controversy has really affected our view of the Metazoa parks. We believe that FiddleGriff Parks will take good care of our Metazoa parks.” Universal Parks and Resorts is also reportedly turning away from zoological parks and focusing more on the theme park buisness.
UPDATE - 1/16/19: FiddleGriff Parks agrees to acquire the Metazoa parks. The original one will still remain owned by Universal, but will be renamed Universal’s Wild World.
UPDATE - 1/20/19: FiddleGriff Parks completes its purchase of all the Metazoa parks, the Universal name will be removed from the branding and marketing. The chain and its parks will be renamed to FiddleGriff Metazoa and will begin to incorporate their IPs into the parks.